Wednesday, December 8, 2010

# From The Mind of Taylor


Your true strength and your true beauty lies in your ability to maintain your sense of self even when it means going against the crowd.

The other day I went to the dermatologist to ask what could be done about this breakout on my chin and on each side of my face.

“What is this horrible mess?” I asked her. “Hormones? Stress? Allergies? Why is it so bad? What can you do about it? Laser? Peels? Treatments?”

She looked me straight in the eye and said, “Honey, what you need to do is stop looking in the mirror.” Stop looking at all that is ‘wrong’ with you. Stop worrying about it. Stop focusing on it. I know you’re in the lime light, trust me we’ll get it fixed.”

Her recommendation? Spend quiet moments in reflection; spend time doing what you love. And don’t look in the mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment